Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I am getting my second viv delivered sometime this week as I'm wanting to get my second beardie. I'm after a female but the only problem I'm having is that most classifieds have babies or juvie's for sale which I know are near impossible to sex. What's the youngest age I should start looking for to ensure I get a 100% female and not to waste other peoples (including my own) time?

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
Hey,
I am getting my second viv delivered sometime this week as I'm wanting to get my second beardie. I'm after a female but the only problem I'm having is that most classifieds have babies or juvie's for sale which I know are near impossible to sex. What's the youngest age I should start looking for to ensure I get a 100% female and not to waste other peoples (including my own) time?
For a "100% female", look for something that's 12" upwards - if it's still looking female at that age then it's pretty much guaranteed.

On smaller beardies (6" upwards) then you can get virtually all of them right, but there will always be the occasional one who's a slow-developing boy.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much, got a bit more confidence searching now. :2thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts