Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw an advert in the local paws for thought (eeevil shop)!. some one's selling 2 breeding beardies. The male is 26 months, the (gravid!) female is 15 months. They're currently being kept in 3ft vivs. The asking price is £200 for both lizards inc. vivs and accesories. To me this sounds very cheap, so i was thinking, there must be something wrong! In which case, if they arent being looked after properly, I'd really like to take them on. I've not kept lizrds before, only my snakeys, but i know I could definately give them a good home. I wouldn't want to continue breeding them. Also, if I needed any help I've got the guys in the rep shop I go to( who are fantastic!), and I know to do plenty of research etc!
They've probably been sold by now or something knowing my luck, but I wanted to ask your opinions first pleease! Like I say, it's not something I;d take lightly, they would definately be in good care!
thanks!
x

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
does sound quite cheap especially if you are getting two vivs. however there could be numerous reasons why they are that price and it might not necessarily be that they are ill/badly kept.

the only way to know for certain is to go and see...think of it this way if they are badly kept you could be rescuing them and giving them a better life. if kept well then you would have two lovely bd for a good price! i would go for it... :)

·
Registered
849 Posts
agree with belial.. its a great price for two beardies of that age, even if they aren't in the best of condition. The only way to find out how well they have been cared for is to go and see, if you are not allowed to visit them, then there is probably something they are hiding about how they have kept the lizards, which means you would then be rescuing them from a bad home.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:jump: now i'm giddy! and i shouldnt get giddy because like i said, theyve probably already gone! but im still giddy! i'll give them a call tomorrow! wooooooh!!! fankooooo for youre help!
x

·
Registered
35 Posts
then again they could be selling them cos someones skint for xmas and has to sell his beloved well looked after pets to buy tiny tim an xbox 360.
(just thought id throw the guilt trip in on you lol)

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
sounds like a bargain to me.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Sounds good :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts