BRD,
Chameleon,
Or any Others u know which r gd.
:D :D :D :) :) :) :idea: :idea: :idea:

Zack

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Do you mean as a starter lizard? As most common starters are leopard geckos and bearded dragons x

·
Registered
77 Posts
As Nat said, leopard gecko's or bearded dragons =] I definatly wouldn't go with a cham as a starter lizard.
Other lizards to think about are crested geckos, african fat tailed geckos and maybe blue tounge skinks.. although blue tounges aren't always freindly.
Hope that helps a bit ;)

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
lol leopard gecko or fat tail only Id say if u want a gecko...not all species are so easy to care for..and I definately wouldnt recommend a crested for a starter lol

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
depends on the sort of lizard you want. and the amount of time and effort (and money) you want to spend.

Both my leos and fat tails, cost about 230 quid with full setup plus two of each lizard

My beardies however cost 430 with full setup.

A friend of mine started with collareds and he's done well. Now he has 4 leos, 1 blue tongue and a cham.

·
Banned
6,045 Posts
Lizardo said:
What would u recodmend would be the best lizard to have as a Starter Lizard:
Gecko,
BRD,
Chameleon,
Or any Others u know.
:D :D :D :) :) :) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zack
Depends entirely on how much space you have, how confident you are, how much research you do, if you have anybody around you who is experienced (i.e. mates, neighbours, access to local reptile societies), how much you want to spend, how much you can afford to spend on the lizard in question, the equipment needed to keep it and it's food and heating bills how much time you want to invest, and what exactly you want/expect from your lizard at the end of the day.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hmmm.. I don't see why a crested gecko isn't a good starter gecko. Quite simple setup (just plenty of decor). Easy to feed, not expensive to feed either. Setup is quite cheap aswell as it doesn't have to be big because cresties are small :)
Handling.. they don't all like being handled but with some time and pantients most will become handable.

In saying this a leopard gecko still proves to be the best starter lizard :)

·
Registered
381 Posts
I started with a BD shes my baby, did plenty of research, made sure it was exactly the right lizard for me. Whatever you choose do plenty of research, you can buy you setup bit by bit once you know what you need so cost isn't that much of a issue, if you are set on a certain lizard, you wont mind if it takes a while before you can afford to buy it, cause you will want to make sure everything is set up correctly, so that they have a long happy live. Also before getting your lizard, make sure you have a vet that knows what they are doing, best to have everything in place beforehand, then sit back relax and enjoy, the lizard you really wanted, not just the easiest/cheapest. Have fun.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
like everyone has said, the best started lizard is one that suits you.

Saying that there aren't many lizards that don't suit me as i want them all lol.

Obviously some lizards are "harder" to keep, but the majority of potential problems can be avoided with the correct care, equipment and knowledge.

So it's probably best to go for a beardie or leo. But even something more advanced say a crestie could be considered

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
If you've got the space get a Beardie, they are the most grogeous little things in the world, especially if you want something that will react to you and love attention, i quite often hav mine of the bed with me in the evenings & he just runs from one corner to the other & back again, they are the bestest lizard EVER, however cresties are pretty darn gorgeous too I got a gorgeous little male that im looking for a female for :D I suppose what you really need to consider is what you want out of your lizard, if you want a small one your happy to sit there & watch and not handle it as much then a gecko would be great but if you want something entertaining that grows to a reasonable size that loves being handled then go for a Beardie :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts