Reptile Forums banner

Your Snake Wish List

2K views 59 replies 26 participants last post by  Payne 
#1 ·
So I just spent 30 minutes or so compiling my snake wish list and I feel the need to share it, I'm sure lots of you have your own so please do the same. I'm sure I will add species to the list as I see more beautiful snake pictures. I own or have owned some of the species on this list but I have included them as I either want to own them again (and regret selling them) or want to continue keeping them/expand my group. I doubt I will ever own all of these snakes, would be one hell of a commitment and very expensive, but damn it I'll try :lol2:

Lampropeltis getula splendida – Desert Kingsnake
Lampropeltis getula holbrooki – Speckled Kingsnake
Lampropeltis getula nigrita – Mexican Black Kingsnake
Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis – Red-Sided Garter Snake
Thamnophis sirtalis concinnus – Oregon Red Spotted Garter Snake
Thamnophis radix – Plains Garter Snake
Thamnophis marcianus – Checkered Garter Snake
Thamnophis proximus proximus – Western Ribbon Snake
Thamnophis sauritus nitae – Eastern Ribbon Snake
Natrix natrix helvetica – Grass Snake
Natrix maura - Viperine
Natrix tesselata – Dice Snake
Natrix schweizeri - Milos Grass Snake
Pantherophis obsoletus obsoletus – Black Ratsnake
Pantherophis guttatus guttatus - Corn Snakes
Corallus hortulanus - Amazon Tree Boa
Corallus caninus – Emerald Tree Boa
Morelia viridis – Green Tree Python
Morelia bredli – Bredl’s Python
Morelia spilota spilota – Diamond Python
Lamprophis aurora - Aurora house snake
Liophis jaegeri - Jaeger's Ground Snake
Elaphe dione - Diones Ratsnake
Elaphe carinata – King Ratsnake
Boiga dendrophilla – Mangrove Snake
Gonyosoma oxycephalum - Red-Tailed Ratsnake
Philothamnus punctatus – Green Bush Snake
Heterodon nasicus - Western Hognose
Zamenis situla – Leopard Ratsnake
Zamenis longissimus – Aesculapian Ratsnake
Platyceps florulentus - Flowers' Whip Snakes
Psammophis schokari - Schokari Sand Snake
Thrasops jacksoni - Jackson's Black Tree Snake
Pituophis melanoleucus lodingi – Black Pine Snake
Diadophis punctatus – Ringneck Snake

I'm sure if you guys put your lists up I will add more to my list :lol2: BTW I count that as 35 snake species.

See less See more
#4 ·
Breeding collection of coastal carpet pythons

#5 ·
mines

the first two are planned purchases this year

royals:
  • lemon pastel
  • spider

rest are what i want in future some purchases some produce my self.

royals,
  • bumblebee
  • albino
  • albino spider
  • pied
  • albino pied
  • o ghost
  • pastel o ghost
  • ghost pastel (sp?)
  • many more

burmese pythons
  • albino gran het green
  • pearl
  • hypo
  • hypo granite

retics
  • purple albino
  • motlet gc
  • tiger
  • titainium

plus boas and a few colubrids

and possibly some others

one of main ones is a pair of puerto rican boas

#46 ·
mines

the first two are planned purchases this year

royals:
  • lemon pastel
  • spider
rest are what i want in future some purchases some produce my self.

royals,
  • bumblebee
  • albino
  • albino spider
  • pied
  • albino pied
  • o ghost
  • pastel o ghost
  • ghost pastel (sp?)
  • many more

burmese pythons
  • albino gran het green
  • pearl
  • hypo
  • hypo granite

retics
  • purple albino
  • motlet gc
  • tiger
  • titainium
plus boas and a few colubrids

and possibly some others

one of main ones is a pair of puerto rican boas
want to add a couple to m list.

• few hognose snakes morphs
  • few carpet python morphs
if i think of more ill add them on : victory:

#7 ·
Puerto Rican Boas

I've seen these being talked about but aren't they just new arrivals to the island?

Nobody wants other types of Natrix natrix? There are a few or is cb Natrix helvetica the only one in demand?

#8 ·
I've seen these being talked about but aren't they just new arrivals to the island?

Nobody wants other types of Natrix natrix? There are a few or is cb Natrix helvetica the only one in demand?
I don't like the idea of keeping natrix natrix natrix, it seems pointless. They look almost identical to our species and if they get loose they will likely hybridise with our native species and set up their own populations. I know you can say this about pretty much all natrix species but we don't have a snake that looks like natrix maura or tessellata so there is no native alternative.

#10 ·
im kind of new to snakes but i sometimes go to the local pet shops to get some bits or look at the snakes .

i generally dont know about the morphs of them etc .

but i have recently seen a few pic's of a green tree python and think it looks a very nice snake .

as said i dont really know too much

but im happy with my royal .

#13 ·
You've gto longissimsu on too and Elaphe Dione, which I'm trying to flog(not in any kind of hurry though.)

I suppose if Helvetica looks like N. natrix thta's fine. I think n natrix are bigger though. Worst case scenario, a foreign Grassy escapes. Just one won't have too many implications as it's at a slight disadvantage to the natives favouring other conditions.

#18 ·
Sorry for the long and probably unachievable list, anyway:
Western whip snake (Heirophis viridiflavus)
Viperine snake (Natrix Maura)
Dice snake (Natrix tessellata)
Grass snake (Natrix natrix Helvetica) & (natrix natrix persa)
Jaegers ground snake (Liophis jaegeri)
Western ribbon snake (Thamnophis proximus)
Santa Cruz garter snake (Thamnophis atratus atratus)
Checkered Garter Snake (Thamnophis marcianus)
Plains Garter Snake (Thamnophis radix)
Common Garter Snake (Thamnophis sirtalis)
Red-sided garter snake (Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis)
Eastern garter snake (Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis)
Oregon Red Spotted Garter Snake (Thamnophis sirtalis concinnus)
Puget garter snake (Thamnophis sirtalis pickeringii)
Four-lined Snake (Elaphe quatuorlineata)
Eastern indigo snake (Drymarchon couperi)
Diamondback water snakes (Nerodia rhombifer)
Black tailed cribo (Drymarchon corais melanises)

#25 ·
salmon leopard boa
sonoran hypo leopard boa
hog island boa
brazilian bcc
albino tiger super dwarf retic
motley golden child super dwarf retic
bredlis python
extreme red albino superconda hog would be nice, funny a wee worm can be more expensive than most of the others put together!

8) just current favourites really, minus a few of the boas doubt i'll ever have these!

#26 ·
Does anyone else find it strange that so many people want natrix natrix helvetica, yet they're as rare as hen's teeth to buy? I've been in loads of shops, I've been to Doncaster, Kempton Park and Creaks loads of times. I've even been to Hamm, yet I've never seen one for sale.

Reactions: Wolflore
#29 ·
no one is selling them because no one is sure what evidence they need to prove that they're CB. People have suggested photos of giving birth, eggs, hatching etc. but really that's all just opinion. To my knowledge DEFRA have not given anyone (despite numerous people trying to get info from them) a definitive answer.

I actually find it really annoying how many people have no interest in Natrix or natricines but want grass snakes. FGS there are other Natrix species you fools :lol2: People always seem to want something just because it's native, same thing with Vipera berus (adder) there are tons of European adders that look very similar to ours but you never see them on peoples wish lists!

#27 ·
I wish I had kept my pied and axanthic cause I'd loved to have tried for lightning pied's would've been a good few years down the breeding line but they're my fav snake! Would also love to own either a yellow Annie or ultra ivory retic, neither of which I could realistically own cause I'm vertically challenged :(!

#30 ·
If someone were desperate to obtain a natrix helvetica, wouldn't they just pick up the 1st one they see on a riverbank?
Why pay money when you can enjoy and learn about nature into the bargain. You could make a compost heap and encourage the species and you'ld have a garden full of them. Not everything should automatically have a price.

#36 ·
My snake wish list is more or less made up of carpet pythons, I'd love a Irian Jaya Granite (Which seems to be top of the list), a high yellow German bloodline Jungle, Zebra Jungle, a nice clean, pure Coastal and another Bredli, all pure of course, I'm not interested in crosses.
I wouldn't mind a female green het albino burm either and maybe a royal or two:whistling2:

#40 ·
They're bigger than Maura and Tesselata aswell. If you came from the countryside to live in a city and were into reptiles taking 1 back home might be the same as taking a keepsake, you wonder how all this began with exotic pets anyway.

Jeffers3. The cat is another introduction of the Roman empire, as was the rabbit. Were they trying to tell us something?
Before they took cats from Egypt they used snakes to keep down infestation of rodents. They used whatever non DWA species were local and took them into their villas and grain stores etc.
The Aesculapian was kept and also used in Greek then Roman temples that worshipped the healing deity partly for the practical reason.

#41 ·
Jeffers3. The cat is another introduction of the Roman empire, as was the rabbit. Were they trying to tell us something?
I don't have a problem with rabbits - except that I now have to share my supply with my burm!

Cats, though...... :bash::bash::bash:

Reactions: 1b3
#42 ·
Hmmm wishlist?

I've got the morphs I wanted and also the species. There are a couple of others though.

Tiger Retic - When I eventually manage to find a bigger house.
Bull Snake - For the holy trinity of pine/gopher/bull (already got the other two)

Thats probably it. I am going to try and breed the snakes I have in the future and make some cool babies :2thumb:

#43 ·
Good idea. I wish swaps were more of a regular thing, I would much prefer to swap some offspring than part with cash even if I was getting a less expensive snake. I'm expecting some Anery het hypo ph stripe corns mid-August that I will swap for species on my list :whistling2:

#44 ·
Some of the below in no particular order...

Sibon nebulata
Dipsas trinitatis
Dipsas indica
Trachyboa boulengeri
Natrix natrix schweizeri
Pituophis catenifer vertebralis
Pituophis deppei jani
Lampropeltis getula floridana
Lampropeltis getula getula
Candoia carinata carinata
Candoia paulsoni
Opheodrys aestivus
Boiga cyanodon
Boiga cyanea
Drymarchon couperi
Dasypeltis medici
Rhamphiophis oxyrhynchus

There's loads more I'm sure, but that will do for now!

#52 ·
I would quite like a rosy boa at some point but I may need a bigger home first! That is of course provided my nightmare picky feeder of a rainbow boa doesn't put me off keeping another boa. :-|

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.