Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If the pics work, this is the zebra knee that was the subject of my last thread, I picked it up from the shop today after they said I could take it cheap, their supplier wanted it back but would not say what they were going to do with it, so I bought it for £8, "bargain" I thought as it was supposed to be £25, anyway here it is, (I hope)

these ones show how high it stands, excuse the flash, but hpoefully you can see enough.

It looks ok to me now its home, I put a bowl of water in it tank, (it only had a sponge before) and it drank for ages, and it has eaten a large cricket since being home.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You have a spider with a nervous disorder...thats is intersting.

What symptoms does it display? Does it walk in a skittish manner as if it can't control its legs or does it shiver as if it is cold? How ill is it.....does it respond to touch? How do you know its has a nervous disorder and not a parasitic or bacterial infection?

Why have you bought a spider that is ill.....are you going to study it?

I'd be quite intersted in learning more about this.

Steve

·
Registered
940 Posts
Looking at the pics mark doesnt look like theres anything wrong with it, i have a G Rosea that stands like that at times, aslong as its eating and drinking like you said i cant see there being anything wrong with it, well done to you though for taking it on :smile:

·
Registered
940 Posts
If its eating and drinking ok then i wouldnt worry, plus if its tank in the shop had a sponge then sponges hold bacteria like a magnet there is a reputable manufacturer who have stopped making spider sponges and requested that all shops that are selling them to send them back as they are discontinued.

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took the sponge out and put water straight into the bowl, i dont like them, they look horrible and as you said they are a magnet to bacteria.
When I checked it this morning it was sitting like a normal T with its body resting on the ground and not raised,I think it was just de-hydrated and needed some love.

G

·
Mark it sounds to me like you have picked yourself up a bargain and a very nice T mate.

Hope it all works out ok for the little one but you deserve a pat on the back for noticing it and taking it on

·
Registered
399 Posts
Sounds like it's going to be ok,like i said in the last thread with a little tlc it should be fine.You got a good bargain there :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just noticed the other thread relating to this one. Thats answers my questions. Seems like you may have got yourself a nice cheap spider.

·
Registered
549 Posts
thats zebra makes me miss mine, he was called serenity, had a bad shed and died a while back,

i think there selling one in the store near me for £12 i hope there not tho as they dont know what it is,

saw it advertized as a striped leg spider, i wasn't happy i was like were your so called expert thats a costa rican zebra how can you give out care advice on a spider you don't know what it is,

anyway thats a good looking spider i hope you all the best for the future, Serenity was quite skittish i think it has alot to do with the species as well

1 - 11 of 11 Posts