Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How available are they???

How much would you expect to pay for a hatchling???

Breeding question would both parents require the gene for it to be visible in the offspring???

Many thanks,

Martin

·
Registered
9,381 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can't get het zigzags, even though I've seen a few people advertising snakes as such. I think it's just something that happens randomly, to be honest. Also, I wouldn't expect to pay much more than what you'd normally pay for one. I just had a look at a thread where one of the parents has zigzag markings and around half of the babies had partial zigzag patterns, so I'm now confused! I'm sure someone'll be along to correct me if I'm wrong about anything! :)

·
Registered
20,860 Posts
A corn cannot be het for zigzag but they can be selectively bred but with no guarantees the offspring will be zigzags.

I am breeding a pair this year that came to me as "het zigzag", they both have slight zigzag patterns and it will be interesting to see what pops out, the bonus is they are both het blizzard.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I've bred zigzags this year from a zigzag dame. Roughly 50% were zigzags so I would have thought it was genetic. Co dom possibly? I've sold them all now so I can't hold any back to try and proove that but I'm sure others have played about with them.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
just watch out when buying as we got sold A candycorn for me son and there is no sutch thing as a candycorn,
was the very 1st snake we got so know better now :)
you will often find people selling corns, or any snakes for that matter, under different names.
different countries use different names for some morphs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts