Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it any good? Is it a bit of a gimmick? What are the chances of them eating it opposed to live crickets? Should I buy some and try it or save my money? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
spit said:
I agree with Nicky,the chances of getting them to eat it are slim and livefood is far better for them.
This is true, like any animal they DO tend to get lazy. However, I have heard of people offering baby foods (because they are fattening) to underweight anoles, apparently they go crazy for anything sweet like apple or peach baby foods

·
Registered
632 Posts
we use zoomed dried food for recovering reps in convalescence, i don't see much point in feeding it if you don't have troubles when feeding live. its expensive too (for what ur getting!) its good stuff, we usually grind it all up and tube feed though :?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your comment beesting butterfly. The anoles eat them now no problem. They also like the gut loaded frozen crickets I've started them on too (defrosted first!).

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I have some of this for my iggie I tried it with him aswell as veg, of course and he didn't seem to eat it so haven't bothered with it since!

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
i dont see the point, what with live food being so readily avaliable, surely live is more natural and gives them excersice chasing crix.

·
Registered
632 Posts
if you don't have a poorly animal, and its feedin fine theres no need for feeding dried, its there for the litle sickies who wont/cant eat

1 - 10 of 10 Posts