Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are there any zorrila being kept in private collections? if so how many? im guessing that if there is then there will only be a few. i was just wondering as i reckon they would become quite popular.
A few years back i heard of someone breeding them but not selling anyone know more on this?
thanks stu

·
Registered
724 Posts
I know a few people on here keep normal polecats and skunks but im not sure about zorillas.

·
Registered
9,175 Posts
oo i'd never even heard of these till i saw this post. just googled them though and they're really gorgeous!

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
i'd never heard of them either. are they rare in the wild? or just very rare in captivity?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they are widespread in the wild, they are also found in a few zoos but not sure about private hands hence why im asking :)
anyone got any idea?
stu

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
anyone got a link to them cant find them on google

·
Registered
353 Posts
paradise wildlife park keeps them and also a couple of breeders keep them around the north london area but thats all i know of and they really hard to breed

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ahh yer paradise has a female (flower) at the moment and they did have a male (onyx) who was from a private collection. do you know how many are in these private collections in north london? any pairs?
cheers stu

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
any more info?
stu

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ahh yes but scented they dont smell too bad and rarely spray:2thumb:
any one else have any info?
stu

·
Registered
507 Posts
i used to know of someone who kept them but has since passed away and his collection was spread out between various zoos and parks from what i remember im sure they are a bit smaller than a skunk and a lot thinner looking i cant remember them smelling but they were housed outside at the time he also kept potaroos that were insane and would do a wall of death around there enclosure lol google potaroo and see how smart they are lol

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i used to know of someone who kept them but has since passed away and his collection was spread out between various zoos and parks from what i remember im sure they are a bit smaller than a skunk and a lot thinner looking i cant remember them smelling but they were housed outside at the time he also kept potaroos that were insane and would do a wall of death around there enclosure lol google potaroo and see how smart they are lol
thanks for the info would be great if they became avaliable, i heard that they are hard to breed due to being agressive towards each other, maybe that is the reason why many are not around.
stu

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yes would be better if was cb really, the only thing i can find on them being kept in private hands were martin bourne's collection who im guessing you are talking about in the previous post.
stu

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
You could import and undergo the UK 6 month quarantine and tbh, l don't think a fresh bloodline would do the UK any harm what so ever. I know of a couple of ranches in S.Africa that have on their lists.

There is an awful amount of interest in the mustelidae family of recent times, so an importer could l feel not only have his own stock paid for, but said introduce a totally fresh bloodline into this country.

R

·
Registered
36 Posts
Zorilla

About Zorilla's - go on to mad-achmed site and look in album. Easy to keep, found them easy to breed and very easy to tame !! Let me know what you think !!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts